[tor-relays] Ongoing denial of service attack against Tor relays by leased botnet in America and PRC (Nobistech, Datashack, Limestone, HE, Pegtech, WholeSale Interent, and Psychz VPS nodes, etc)

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Mar 28 15:42:31 UTC 2013

On 28.03.2013 11:13, Kent Backman wrote:
> Over the last several weeks, I have collected substantial evidence
> indicating that a botnet is degrading the Tor anonymity network in its
> entirety via a sustained denial of service attack.

I don't have much time right at the moment (sorry), and I don't outright
reject your observations. Maybe you are interested in our exit relay
statistics (cpu/memory/etc). We have US exits as well (axigy1/axigy2).
If there was something out of the ordinary happening to these servers, I
am sure the ISP would have told me (we are in daily contact via Instant
Messenger).

https://www.torservers.net/munin/

--
Moritz Bartl