[tor-relays] port setup

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 19:43:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tuesday, 19 March 2013 at 13:57, Art <ky1k at myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> I entered 9001 in the Global PortStart box andthe other empty boxes
on the setup page are Global PortEnd
> and Base HostPort. What values do I put in the Global PortEnd and Base HostPort boxes????

If your router's config works anything like my Thomson one, you probably need to put 9001 in Global PortEnd (so it forwards ports 9001-9001, i.e. just the one port) and 9001 in the Base HostPort, meaning that it should forward incoming connections on port 9001 to port 9001 on the machine running your relay. (This style of configuration interface allows you to do other, more complex, stuff like, say, forwarding incoming ports 1234-1240 to a block of ports on your PC starting at 7654, for example - you would set Global PortStart to 1234, Global PortEnd to 1240 and Base HostPort to 7654.)

You may have to add a separate service for port 9030 if the router doesn't allow you to have more than one port range for a single service.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

--

I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere!