[tor-relays] ORPort NoListen

Matt Joyce toradmin at mttjocy.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 17:20:28 UTC 2013

There is no need to actually write out the IPv4 unspecified address in
the config file (0.0.0.0), all you need to do is just put:

ORPort 9001 NoAdvertise

Admittedly I have not actually tried it with ORPort personally but I
have had that configuration on one of my relays in the past for DirPort
to enable tor to advertise directory on 80 which was already assigned to
apache2, then apache simply reverse proxied requests for /tor/* to tor
on localhost 9030.  However, while you can do the above to listen on any
address there is no need to do so, I would instead specify the address
and port you have set in the DNAT rule on your router.  Same when I had
the reverse proxy setup I simply had it set like:

DirPort 80 NoListen
DirPort 127.0.0.1:9030

Course in your case it wont be 127.0.0.1 because it is coming in from
your external router not another server on the local machine.