[tor-relays] DynDNS and TOR bridge

Matt Joyce toradmin at mttjocy.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 21:15:19 UTC 2013

On 05/03/13 19:40, Sina Eetezadi wrote:
> Hi Kai,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
>> After you setup your dyndns account, you add
>> Address name.dyndnsdomainname.tld
>> in your torrc, replacing the address name with the hostname, you have
>> chosen in your DynDNS account settings.
> Okay. What about OutboundBindAdress, does that have to be set?
You should only need to set OutboundBindAddress if the system running
tor has more than one public IP address and the one you want tor to use
is not the primary IP address of your outbound network interface as that
will be the address your operating system will use by default.

The answer is more likely no if your IP is dynamic to be honest,
generally multiple IP's would be something ISP's would normally set up
statically, and for an additional price.