[tor-relays] DynDNS and TOR bridge

ml at kairaven.de ml at kairaven.de
Tue Mar 5 18:43:11 UTC 2013

Hi Sina,

> I have a bridge running and since my ISP is changing my IP at least
> daily, I thought it might be a good idea to set my DynDNS in the
> torrc file. Is it a good idea? How do I set that?

After you setup your dyndns account, you add
Address name.dyndnsdomainname.tld
in your torrc, replacing the address name with the hostname, you have
chosen in your DynDNS account settings.

For the IP <-> dyndns domain name update/resolution you install and
configure one of the DynDNS update clients. I'm using ddclient under
Ubuntu*.

Runa told me some time ago, that it is not possible, to combine your
bridge with obfsproxy.

*https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DynamicDNS
--
Ciao