[tor-relays] Bandwidth/Accounting considerations

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Fri Jun 7 10:10:33 UTC 2013

Conrad Hoffmann:
> I believe to have read that using accounting/hibernation is preferrable
> over rate limiting with fast connections, but I can't seem to find the
> exact page at the moment.

It is at least in the tor(1) manpage in the details of the AccountingMax
option:

    If you have bandwidth cost issues, enabling hibernation is
    preferable to setting a low bandwidth, since it provides users with
    a collection of fast servers that are up some of the time, which is
    more useful than a set of slow servers that are always "available".

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>