[tor-relays] Home broadband - worth running a relay?

Samuel Walker samuel at samuelwalker.me.uk
Tue Jul 30 14:01:10 UTC 2013

Bridges ideally have very stable IPs, as their addresses aren't stored in an hourly consensus, but are instead handed out as needed. This isn't such an issue with normal relays as they ill drop out of the consensus after an hour - but it does depend how frequently / predictably the IP address changes. IT would be hard to build up a stable flag for example.