[tor-relays] Need help to get TorDNSEL compiled

BlueStar88 bluestar88 at xenobite.eu
Tue Jul 30 08:05:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:34:06 +0200
Lunar <lunar at torproject.org> wrote:

>Remove -Werror from the cabal file.

Thank you.

I took off the ghc-option '-Werror' from the tordnsel.cabal file.

Now I get this:

---
# ./Setup.lhs configure
Configuring TorDNSEL-0.1.1...
Warning: Instead of 'ghc-options: -DVERSION="0.1.1-dev"' use 'cpp-options:
-DVERSION="0.1.1-dev"'
---

---
# ./Setup.lhs build
Building TorDNSEL-0.1.1...
Preprocessing executable 'tordnsel' for TorDNSEL-0.1.1...

src/TorDNSEL/Statistics/Internals.hs:2:16:
    Warning: -fglasgow-exts is deprecated: Use individual extensions instead

src/TorDNSEL/System/Timeout.hs:1:12:
    Warning: -fglasgow-exts is deprecated: Use individual extensions instead

src/TorDNSEL/TorControl/Internals.hs:4:16:
    Warning: -fglasgow-exts is deprecated: Use individual extensions instead

src/TorDNSEL/ExitTest/Initiator/Internals.hs:2:16:
    Warning: -fglasgow-exts is deprecated: Use individual extensions instead
[ 4 of 39] Compiling TorDNSEL.Util    ( dist/build/tordnsel/tordnsel-tmp/TorDNSEL/Util.hs, dist/build/tordnsel/tordnsel-tmp/TorDNSEL/Util.o )

src/TorDNSEL/Util.hsc:143:24:
    Module `GHC.Handle' does not export `fillReadBuffer'

src/TorDNSEL/Util.hsc:143:40:
    Module `GHC.Handle' does not export `readCharFromBuffer'

src/TorDNSEL/Util.hsc:145:27:
    Module `GHC.IOBase' does not export `Buffer(..)'
---

Sorry, I'm quite helpless on all this compiling stuff.

The only thing I know is, that warnings are not that worse, than the three errors following them. ;-)

Greetings

BlueStar88