[tor-relays] Sitevalley is no longer Tor-friendly

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Thu Jul 18 16:44:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:02:29 -0400
krishna e bera <keb at cyblings.on.ca> allegedly wrote:

> On 13-07-18 11:51 AM, mick wrote:
> >
> > I wonder if we are going to see more of this sort of thing now. I
> > think the tor network needs greater geographic diversity.
>
> Makes me wonder if there is some kind of legal pressure being applied
> to American ISPs to disallow Tor and similar services and
> infrastructure. Or perhaps owners of some ISPs are polarizing toward
> the PATRIOT act side especially after the Snowden thing.

I'd like to think it may simply be a form of "self censorship" i.e. the
ISP is wary of some future, unspecified, action and simply seeks a quiet
life. I can't see legal pressure working - tor violates no laws.

Mick

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net