[tor-relays] Need help to get TorDNSEL compiled

BlueStar88 bluestar88 at xenobite.eu
Tue Jul 16 13:05:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:17:46 +0200
Lunar <lunar at torproject.org> wrote:

>BlueStar88:
>> I've DL'ed the code from the internet website mirror [2].
>
>Try with the what is currently in the Git repository before doing
>anything else:
>
>  https://gitweb.torproject.org/tordnsel.git

Hello Lunar,

thanks for the advice!

Maybe someone should fix the corresponding part at the website:

 https://www.torproject.org/projects/tordnsel.html.en

None of those links in that last section ("How can I run my own private TorDNSEL?") is leading to something useful then:

 - there is no hidden wiki (anymore?not yet?)
 - the hidden service download link leads to 404
 - the local mirror is unmaintained obviously
 - the tordnsel contact hint leads to nobody special

 - a link to the git is missing

This is meant to be just a friendly hint.

I'll try to get on the feet with that mentioned git now.

Thanks again.

Greetings

BlueStar88