[tor-relays] Why doesn't my Tor Relay (non-exit) show an Onion Key

gongeek at gmail.com gongeek at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 23:40:48 UTC 2013

When i check my running tor relay (Fingerprint:
$66a81cecd3aef6999982c5abee1942e3e5ab3b1c ) on this
site<https://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=66a81cecd3aef6999982c5abee1942e3e5ab3b1c>i
notice that the "Onion Key" field (located near bottom of the page) is
empty.  My relay has been running for over 24 hours and i still dont see
anything in that field.  I tested out my relay as an EntryNode and i was
able to access the internet through tor fine.  I have watched the Bandwidth
Graph and seen other users use my Relay so it is running fine.

But i cant understand why my Onion Key field is empty.  When i check other
relays on the site (every relay i've checked) has an Onion Key displayed
including relays that have just started running less than 10 mins ago.

You can see all the relays here <https://torstatus.blutmagie.de/>.  Click
any and of the displayed relays and notice each has a displayed Onion Key
-- except my relay.

Any info on why this is would be great

Thanks