[tor-relays] Final Warning Notice

Chris Sheats yawnbox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 16:31:13 UTC 2013

Lunar-

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Lunar <lunar at torproject.org> wrote:
> Chris Sheats:
>> Hey tor-relays,
>>
>> The past few months, since I upgraded my net connection to 1Gbps, I've
>> hit the top 40 fastest relays and the top 20 fastest exit nodes,
>> peaking to over 17 MB/s. I've always prided the fact that my ISP,
>> CondoInternet in Seattle, has been very welcoming of my reduced exit
>> node. In the past, the malicious activity hasn't been "too much" for
>> my ISP--examples here: http://yawnbox.com/1461--but now they want me
>> to shut it down. What are my options?
>
> Is their problem the amount of work they have to do because of the abuse
> and legal complaints? Then offer to handle them directly.

It appears to be the complaints themselves. When I asked about Open
Knowledge Foundation America (I maintained this node on behalf of
OKFA) handling complaints directly, my ISP responded that the IP space
is shared responsibility between them and me, and that I/OKFA could
not retain sole responsibility.