[tor-relays] Can I enable IPv6?

Linus Nordberg linus at torproject.org
Sat Jan 26 01:28:18 UTC 2013

cmeclax <cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com> wrote
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:36:30 -0500:

| I just upgraded to version 0.2.3.25 from the latest pkgsrc quarterly, and I
| have an IPv6 address. Can I tell other relays that they can connect to me on
| IPv6? The port number will be different, as I'm forwarding one port on the
| router to a different port on the Tor box.

No. The IPv6 support for relays on IPv6 in the 0.2.3 series is limited
to bridges.

Also, relay to relay over IPv6 is not implemented yet. 0.2.4.8-alpha and
later would give you client to relay over IPv6 and exit to IPv6. See
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/roadmaps/Tor/IPv6 for
the details.