[tor-relays] mouseHouse - Why not used more?

k e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Wed Jan 23 05:12:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:07:51 -0500
Sina Eetezadi <sina.eetezadi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering why my TOR server "mouseHouse" is not used more? I
> configured 40k and 60k burst, buts its only barely used.
> Any hints?

mouseHouse is a middle relay up for only 1 day, not showing the Fast or Guard or Stable flags so it would not likely be chosen by Tor clients building circuits.  It can take a few days uptime to get those flags and accumulate some traffic.  Low bandwidth relays (those in the bottom
http://torstatus.rueckgr.at/router_detail.php?FP=5101b7d9b4b0dbd525644b549a7d0b197eaa4205

See also these posts in the tor-relays list archives.
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2010-December/000256.html
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2011-September/000951.html
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2012-November/026467.html