[tor-relays] running relay severely degrades network performance eventually

Nicolas Bock nicolasbock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:31:01 UTC 2013

Hello list,

every time I run a relay on a Comcast cable connection, after a while (a
few hours to days) other network operations such as DNS lookups slow down
to such an extent that the network becomes unusable. Unfortunately I don't
know how to exactly pinpoint what the problem is, but found that the only
reliable solution at such a point seems to be to reset the cable modem.

Is that a known issue? Could you suggest how I can diagnose this more
accurately?

Thanks,

nick