[tor-relays] ServerAstra from hungary allows exit relays

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:36:25 UTC 2013

> I couldn't believe that my current traffic level was sustainable long
> term at that price point. So I specifically asked the question "what
> can I realistically use?" They replied:
>
> "We are currently offering free bandwidth and we certainly appreciate
> you reaching out to us because you are pushing a substantial amount and
> we do have backend processes running that constantly run consistency
> and health checks and bandwidth usage is something that we monitor.
> Mainly for detecting abuse or otherwise suspicious traffic.
>
> Your current traffic level of 32-40Mbps is fine. In the future we will
> eventually switch away from a free bandwidth model. Initially we roll
> out features to make everything simpler and to gauge our customers
> usage and to understand how to best cater the service to their needs."
>
> So - prices /will/ go up and/or bandwidth allowance /will/ go down.

I think I posted here about how to find places to host nodes
for diversity. The same applies for bandwidth. If you survey the
pipe market, you will find the true avg price of bandwidth. Don't
ever expect to be able to connect to and use that bandwidth
without:
a) paying more for what is attached to and servicing it
b) paying less without tradeoffs

If you're signing up for unmetered miracle deals you should
also ask specifically if your account will be grandfathered
when it comes time for them to pay their bills or their VC
money dries up.