[tor-relays] DigitalOcean, cheap VPS that's ok with middle relays

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Jan 8 19:51:52 UTC 2013

Hi Micah,

On 08.01.2013 19:47, Micah Lee wrote:
> FYI, I just discovered a VPS provider DigitalOcean, and they seem fine
> with people running non-exit nodes:

Thanks for the hint. In general, I don't see why VPS providers would not
allow internal Tor relaying, and I would not even bother to ask first.
Interesting values to know about VPS providers are bandwidth allowance
("unlimited" is quite obviously a marketing term; often, limits can only
be discovered by some months of experience) and [socket/numfile]
limitations. Support is often reluctant to provide such values before
ordering. A good way to characterize VPS offers is to post the output of
"cat /proc/user_beancounters".

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/