[tor-relays] Registration of a Tor node at the German Bundesnetzagentur

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sun Jan 6 21:36:57 UTC 2013

On 06.01.2013 20:29, tor-admin wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 January 2013 13:34:27 Fabian Keil wrote:
>> While I was living in Overath I "registered" my relays with the
>> Police in Rösrath (who always acted very professionally and respectful).
> Good point. I never thought about pro actively informing the local police
> about my nodes. Will check this with my lawyer.

When I started torservers.net, I also discussed this with our lawyer,
and also proposed 'registering with' the LKA, federal state police. He
doubted they have any system to put that down into. I have since talked
to a cybercrime investigator of one of the LKAs, and he agreed and
called that idea 'useless'.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/