[tor-relays] Disappointing AUP - (was Re: DDOS?)

josh at duskro.net josh at duskro.net
Wed Jan 2 03:24:36 UTC 2013

Are you only seeking providers outside of the U.S.?

I've been using PhoenixNAP for the last two years and am very happy with their services. It's a dedicated server provider located in the United States, but they are still very affordable. I've contacted them in the past about running a TOR exit relay, and they said they had no problems with it.

The only thing they warned me about is that if they received too many legal/DMCA complaints in a short time span, they may end up asking me to disable the service, but they wouldn't disable my service abruptly.

The really great thing about PhoenixNAP is that their data rates are very affordable. I run a non-tor related website that processes up to 35TB of bandwidth a month. Minus the cost of the server itself, all that bandwidth only runs me $45 ($10 for a 1Gbps line plus $1/month per 1TB of bandwidth).

Feel free to review their services and contact them directly with any questions you have. If you do decide to use them, I would greatly appreciate you using my affiliate link. It helps me keep the bills paid >_<.

But if you feel that it's a false incentive, you in no way have to.
http://www.securedservers.com/396.html

Josh