[tor-relays] Newbie question

cmeclax cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com
Tue Feb 5 05:23:06 UTC 2013

On Sunday, February 03, 2013 21:37:16 Chuck Bevitt wrote:
> Thanks for confirming what I suspected. So far, I've been running for a
> month without an IP change or any feedback from my ISP (Time Warner Road
> Runner). However, I'm planning to get one of the consumer anonymising VPN
> services - sort of a virtual ISP - and run my Tor box through that. They
> can give me a static IP address and I won't have to worry about my ISP
> objecting to any of the traffic.

I've been running a middle node on a home Road Runner connection for years. No
problem. I started with an exit node but changed a few days later when I found
out I couldn't edit Wikipedia or get on some IRC servers.

I would not run a bridge on a Road Runner connection. If I had a connection
that changed IP address once a day, which was typical in Germany when I was
there, I would run a bridge.

cmeclax