[tor-relays] My Relay has slowed significantly.

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Sun Feb 3 15:08:29 UTC 2013

On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 16:53:21 +0200
Konstantinos Asimakis <inshame at gmail.com> wrote:

> that someone peeks constantly into your circuits (well 1/3rd of them) for a
> long time, which is not really worse than peeking for a day into them.

Observing for a long period allows to build some profile on the user, observing
for a short time is much more harmless. To continue quoting for you from
tor-talk, "...to me it just seems to be an elaborate trade off that results in
"if you are f***ed, ensure you are f***ed as completely as possible and with
the most dire consequences possible".

"An adversary has a chance to see some of my entry traffic for some time"

...seems rather harmless to me compared to the Guards system's of:

"an adversary has a chance to see ALL of my entry traffic for a long period"

--
With respect,
Roman