[tor-relays] My Relay has slowed significantly.

Konstantinos Asimakis inshame at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:53:21 UTC 2013

But if you constantly switch guard nodes then chances are that very soon
you will use at the same time two compromised nodes, probably revealing
which sites you visit. Also Tor users usually use Tor to visit specific
sites, not generally browse the web, so even if someone peeks into their
circuits once, he can get a good idea of what the user uses Tor for. So
fixing the guard nodes means that either no one peeks into your circuits or
that someone peeks constantly into your circuits (well 1/3rd of them) for a
long time, which is not really worse than peeking for a day into them.

I don't follow tor-talk.

I wouldn't mind of course having the option of excluding your node from the
guard position.

-----
My blog: http://www.inshame.com
My full signature with lots of links etc: http://bit.ly/trtsig