[tor-relays] Moritz in January

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Fri Feb 1 19:37:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

- Was invited as a speaker at CryptoParty Luxemburg. Gave two talks
about Tor, one basic introduction/overview, and one about operating Tor
exits. Afterwards, I helped starting Frënn vun der Ënn, a Luxemburg copy
of Torservers.net by local members of the CCC -- some of which I already
met at Haxogreen 2012, a Luxemburg hacker camp. They are awaiting
official approval by the government, and then I will probably sign over
our Luxemburg exit to them ( www.enn.lu )

- Wrote a German article about Tor by request of the CCC for their
printed magazine "Datenschleuder". It will also be published on the web.

- Wrote a small Python script that stores relay contact info from
Onionoo data in a local database, together with "first seen" and "last
seen" dates. I am currently limiting it to relays faster than 25 MBit/s.
This will help me to welcome new relay operators, as well as contact
"missing" operators to ask why they are gone. I am currently not
publishing the database itself, but the script is at
https://github.com/moba/tor-contacts-tracker

- I became more accustomed to editing the Torproject website. Pushed
some changes, most importantly a completely revised set of install
instructions on Mac OSX using the unsafe Homebrew.

- Most of my time again went into Help Desk and IRC. For number of
closed tickets, see Runa's report which will come soon.

- Was offered 2-3 Gbit/s of spare bandwidth at a friendly CH ISP. Passed
the offer to the Swiss Privacy Foundation to avoid running more high
bandwidth nodes as Torservers.net.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/