[tor-relays] Tor Weather getting T-shirt email. Problem

Random Tor Node Operator tor at unterderbruecke.de
Mon Dec 30 11:48:16 UTC 2013

On 12/28/2013 01:26 AM, I wrote:
> I think two months is a bit short to be rewarded with a t-shirt
> from donated resources.
>
> It makes more sense to extend the time but include the total time
> running ignoring minor disruptions.

I agree with that point, because currently, relay operators have the
incentive to not update to the latest Tor version whenever a new
version is released, in order to keep the consecutive uptime high.
That is probably not in the best interest of Tor.

Maybe Tor Weather could look at the flags instead of the consecutive
uptime instead. For example, you typically don't lose your Guard or
Stable flag due to a reboot.