[tor-relays] (no subject)

Paul Staroch paulchen at rueckgr.at
Wed Dec 25 20:06:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am 2013-12-25 20:55, schrieb Sebastian Urbach:
> Since i switched to 0.2.4.19 a few days ago i noticed some strange behaviour. Sometimes the data seems to he corrupted i see on torstatus.info. The atlas data seems to be right though. Afaik only the contact and family data seems to be wrong.
>
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/3C82285FAC2171FA5178340A82B05F2190AB68E9
>
> http://torstatus.info/router_detail.php?FP=3c82285fac2171fa5178340a82b05f2190ab68e9
>
> Im not sure what to make of it right now. A bitcoin for your thoughts ...

This is a bug in the old TorStatus software. The update script periodically obtains its data from the Tor process and gets confused by the strings "onion-key" and "ntor-onion-key". This is something that needs to be fixed by the operator of the respective TorStatus page.

Fot instance, the TorStatus page at torstatus.blutmagie.de and mine at torstatus.rueckgr.at get it right:

http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=3c82285fac2171fa5178340a82b05f2190ab68e9
http://torstatus.rueckgr.at/router_detail.php?FP=3c82285fac2171fa5178340a82b05f2190ab68e9

In my TorStatus installation, I fixed that problem by replacing

if ($line =~ /onion-key/)

by

if ($line =~ /onion-key/ && $line !~ /ntor-onion-key/)

in tns_update.pl.

Regards,
Paul