[tor-relays] running a relay on a home connection

abhiram abhiram.chintangal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 05:55:15 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am running a tor relay on a home connection. My connection is
assigned a new ip as the lease expires every few days. So far I am
fixing this my editing my torrc file with the new address value. Are
there better ways of handing this?

One thing that puzzled me was that when I first setup my relay it
was unable to find the external address of my connection and its
log files kept complaining that:

"If x.x.x.x:9030 is not your correct IP address and directory port,
 please check your relay's configuration"

Obviously it wasn't my ip address, when I looked it up it was from
another country. So my question is why is my relay advertising this
specific address?

thanks for your time.
--
Abhiram Chintangal