[tor-relays] Overload data for Exit vs Non-Exit (and Guard vs Middle)?

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Sat Aug 31 01:25:54 UTC 2013

To try to get to the bottom of the recent influx of clients to the Tor
network, it might be useful to compare load characteristics since 8/19
for nodes with different types of flags.

People with Munin setups: it would be especially useful if you could
post links/graph images for connection counts, bandwidth, and CPU load
since 8/19.

I'm particularly interested if people with just the Exit flag (w/o
Guard) are seeing increased connection counts that aren't explained by
uptime or ramp-up. So far the only datapoint I have for this is
https://www.torservers.net/munin/torservers.net/psilotorlu.torservers.net/index.html#network
but it looks like that node just rebooted and possibly rekeyed, so it's
connection increase could just be due to that.

It would also be interesting to see if Guard+Exits are seeing a greater
increase in connection counts than just Guards.

I'm also wondering if any aspects of the load has any other relation to
node flags.

--
Mike Perry