[tor-relays] always this way?

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Fri Aug 30 01:07:57 UTC 2013

On 13-08-29 09:02 PM, That Guy wrote:
> Am not new to Tor bur am to the mailing list and running a relay and I
> have noticed and endless amount of legal concerns and not just on exit
> nodes.  People running non-exit relays getting booted out by their
> VPS/ISP provider.  I am just curious if it is getting worse or has it
> been this way for a while.  I want to help/encourage others to run
> relays but a recent submission about the guy who got his friend to run
> a relay and (not-so)Freenode shut down his VPS.  Is this only going to
> get worse? What happens then?

When things go smoothly there isnt much reason to post to the tor-relays
list, so i would expect lots of trouble reports and requests for help
here.  Stick around for awhile and i think you will see that a lot of
problems are teething pains - people learning how to configure their
relay for their particular hosting situation which includes a myriad of
factors.  It doesnt seem possible to get a complete picture by reading a
single document (less than booklet-sized) before starting a relay.