[tor-relays] What if my favorite online store websiteblacklists all Tor Relay IP addresses?

tor at t-3.net tor at t-3.net
Mon Aug 26 00:50:44 UTC 2013

Likely someone was doing credit card fraud/hacking type stuff and
choosing Tor as the way to connect for it. That stuff is a pain in the
ass for online stores when it happens. Not surprised that outfits
handling online payments don't want Tor connections, and I can't blame
them tbh.

It shouldn't be hard to find a workaround if your purchases are
infrequent and anonymity in that particular connection isn't an issue
(cell phones have internet these days, 'net from a friend's house,
whatever).

Not sure where you live but, I read that these days, USA is
photographing the fronts of all postal mail. So, mailed merchandise
isn't exactly a win on privacy anyway.

tor-relays at lists.torproject.org
  In the short term, it is possible to to circumvent these practices
  by using one or more of several different methods, but informing the
    online store that they are shooting themselves in the foot is not
   one of them.  After all, they are experts and we are just
ignoramuses, even if we know what an IP address is.