[tor-relays] new relays

Lukas Erlacher l.erlacher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 15:28:47 UTC 2013

You cannot make Tor resistant to "evil usage". Evil usage is defined
by your personal morals on one level, and by governments via the laws
the enact and prosecute on the other level.
Tor's raison d'etre is to allow people to use the internet freely when
their personal morals and their government's collide.
You could put a censoring proxy in front of your exit node. But that
would defeat the purpose of Tor entirely...

Other people will have to comment on the possible problems you face
operating a tor node in the Netherlands via a US company being in the
US.
That should be a common enough scenario to find a few people who have done that.

Best,
Luke