[tor-relays] Config Tor Exit Node

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Wed Aug 21 16:27:46 UTC 2013

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 18:04:53 +0000, var wrote:
> The exit node is directly plugged in to the gateway. Its an DIR-655
> <http://support.dlink.com.tw/> which just have to run our internet
> traffic + the tor exit node.

Does the exit node get a public IP address there?

> Problem is that when the node is running i lose my internet on every
> other PC around. Connection is still there but it take years to resolve
> the names....so i figured it must be an DNS problem.

It may also be that your uplink is simply building up some delay
when under heavy traffic (esp. uplink). I've seen ping times go
up to several seconds on smallish DSL links under heavy upload
so that DNS resolution times out.

Try to run, like, 'ping 8.8.8.8' and look at the ping times.

(8.8.8.8 is one of google's DNS servers, but that is only relevant
as I can remember that address; we just need the ping replies.)

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>