[tor-relays] Experience with obfuscated bridge on Raspberry Pi Raspian

z0rc damian.goeldi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 22:58:55 UTC 2013

On 20/08/13 12:01, Kostas Jakeliunas wrote:
> Do you remember where you did hear this? Was it in writing, are you by
> chance maybe able to link to it? It would be interesting to know more.

Hi,

It was actually on this list a few weeks ago. Paul Staroch was contacted
by the German authorities for running a non-exit relay [1]. It seems
like they knew too little about Tor and thought he was providing child
pornography through his relay as they used it as entry node. So I was
wondering whether it was possible that some criminal used my bridge to
do some nasty stuff and when the authorities find him, they will see my
IP on his PC and come after me? But maybe this is just a little too
paranoid. Are there any other known incidences like this one?

Damian

[1]
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2013-August/002365.html