[tor-relays] Raspberry Pi Relay Node Performance and future Plans on Documentation and more

Lance Hathaway qhltx at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 17:47:42 UTC 2013

Speaking only for myself (in turn), this is something I would desperately like to see. I've been planning on deploying several Raspberry Pis for Tor, but seeing all the reports on storms and routers crashing and etc. has demonstrated that it's just not ready for prime time yet--unless you go into all the debugging and manual tweaking required.

While I'm capable of getting a Pi to work correctly and write a few scripts to do specific tasks (I'm running two of them as automated, remotely-updatable video noticeboards), I don't have the expertise required to go through all the steps of compiling all the dependencies and source and then setting everything up. I can follow a list of steps, even steps with a significant amount of technical jargon and assumed knowledge, but navigating it on my own isn't something I currently have time to do.

On that note, if you ever want feedback on your blog post, I'd be happy to provide some.

 -Lance