[tor-relays] Is it safe to run an exit node from a VPS provider?

Sindhudweep Sarkar sindhudweep.sarkar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:10:08 UTC 2013

Apologies if the reply goes to the wrong location in the thread.

"... At least with Xen/KVM/VMware you're running on your own virtual disk..."

Can't the virtual disk just be mounted by whoever has access? I don't
think this is a large barrier to entry for anyone or a script looking
for private keys. I could argue that pretty much every mac user has
been getting software in the form of disk images, and these possibly
non-technical users seem to have no issues.