[tor-relays] Planningon running bridge with bw limitation - config help

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Tue Aug 13 11:04:17 UTC 2013

On 08/13/2013 02:02 AM, Kali Tor wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>

>>>   I am planning on running a bridge-relay but have a hard 1TB/month
>>>   outgoing traffic limitation.
>>>
>>>   Can someone help me with a torrc config that works for this setup?
>> [snip]
>>
>> # networking
>> SocksPort 0
>> ORPort [aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd]:9001
>> ORPort [0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000]:9001
>>
>> # policy
>> BridgeRelay 1
>> Exitpolicy reject *:*
>> ContactInfo Not Dental <bridge AT toofar dOt com>
>>
>> # 96% of (input=500GB + output=500GB) monthly traffic
>> AccountingStart month 01 00:00
>> AccountingMax   480 GB
>
> So I guess for me it will be 0.96*1000GB = 960GB?

Yes, though I just made up that 96% figure as being slightly less than
100%, That allows for some non-Tor traffic such as installing OS updates
and having bots try to log into your server during the course of the month.

 >> >3. CentOS/RHEL user here, so I can't advise you on the use of obsproxy.
 > I am actually in double minds about using obsproxy. Is there a demand
for it?

Yes, there is.  Apparently the Chinese authorities have gotten so good
at detecting Tor nodes that obsproxy3 is the only way to hide from their
detect-and-block program.