[tor-relays] No disk space for new files created by Tor

Kostas Jakeliunas kostas at jakeliunas.com
Sun Aug 11 10:57:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM, TonyXue <tonyxsuper at live.com> wrote:

> [...]
> It seems that I've run out of space. But my VPS comes with 35GB disk
space and it shouldn't be used up so fast. So how to deal with it?
> If I do run out of space,any advice for deleting the old files of Tor?
Are there any files created by Tor are not useful anymore and can be
deleted?

Assuming you're running a *nix system on your VPS, what does running
df -h
say?

Additionally, you can try getting a list of largest directories/files on
your VPS, like so:
sudo -s
cd /
for i in G M K; do du -ah | grep [0-9]$i | sort -nr -k 1; done | head -n
1000 | tac

or just run the latter on your home directory (and don't use sudo in that
case, of course.)

Kostas.