[tor-relays] Recommendation on exit node in DE/NL

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Fri Aug 9 09:15:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

Ideally, you would _not_ pick a provider that is listed in GoodBadISPs,
since the Tor network needs more diversity.

At "compass" [ http://compass.torproject.org/ ], you can sort by exit
probability and sum up by country and AS (autonomous system/ISP).

For DE, there is webhostlist.de, where you can ask for offers and
specifically mention the requirements (exit node, abuse forwarding,
whois reassignment). For NL, there is webhostingtalk.nl, and in general,
webhostingtalk.com is a good source for offers.

What I did was collect email addresses of potential hosters, and mass
email them with my requirements.

Don't forget to update GoodBadISPs with your findings.

On 09.08.2013 07:11, Kali Tor wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any recommendation for running Tor _exit_ node in NL/DE?  The
> list at https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs
> see,s pretty old and outdated and contradictory at places.
>
> Thanks
> Kali

Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/