[tor-relays] Attacker IP database

Peter Guhl p-guhl at p-guhl.ch
Fri Aug 2 19:42:08 UTC 2013

Hi

Am 02.08.2013 21:18, schrieb Bryan Carey:
> Here are some that I have seen recently trying to brute force common
> user accounts and root password attempts:

I remember this to be a common phenomena for at least 15 years now. Done
by millions of (probably zombie) computers around the world. Do you
really want to keep track and block each and every of them? That looks
to me like a full time job keeping you busy for then next couple of
centuries.

It's likely there are already some programs doing this to some extent,
but that's a general internet server hardening issue and doesn't have
much to do with tor.

Regards
   Peter

--