[tor-relays] Tor bridge on Amazon not doing much

Matthias Redies rediesmatthias at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 1 21:49:55 UTC 2013

There are a few talks on youtube that explain this a little. The Chinese
are pretty successful  blocking bridges. The last thing I heard was that
they will send every server which creates a SSL connection so someone in
China a Tor-Handshake and block it if it responds.

In other countries bridges aren't needed this might explain the little use.

Am 01.08.13 23:32, schrieb Tyler Durden:
> Well you are just a bridge.. Don't expect tons of traffic.
>
> P.s: For a bridge this is already "a lot" of traffic.
>

> Greetings
>

> Am 01.08.2013 23:11, schrieb Shawn A. Miller:
>> I've been running a Tor bridge on the Amazon EC2 cloud computing
>> platform (per instructions at https://cloud.torproject.org/) since
>> July 27, and while the bridge is up and running according to the logs,
>> there doesn't seem to be much traffic running through it, i.e., latest
>> logs indicate Tor uptime is 2 days 12 hours with 2 circuits open; 6.6
>> MB sent and 45.75 MB received. Have I somehow managed to misconfigure
>> the bridge or is this normal?
>>
>> Best,
>> Shawn

Matthias Redies