[tor-relays] Running exit-node in Germany

Gordon Morehouse gordon at morehouse.me
Thu Aug 1 15:29:49 UTC 2013

Matthias Redies:
> Ok that is good to know. Right know I will probably run it on 1-1.5 Mbps
> and later on 3-4 Mbps. What is the maximum your raspberry is capable to
> do? Please let me know if you publish your tutorial.

I had it pushing about 1.5Mbps and crashing only about once a week
before I started having TCP connect floods and had to take it offline
until I could pay attention for a while.  I'm still tuning it.  It
crashed much, much more often before some basic tuning, though.

And my plan is to publish my results to the entire list, because at $35,
Raspberry Pis can make *great* relays for slower home broadband, but
they need a little tender loving care first.  :)

I hope to have something up in a week or two, I need to watch it for a
while and continue to tweak, and maybe develop a solution for the TCP
storms that can bring down a lot of consumer routers, before publishing
for all.

Best,
-Gordon