[tor-relays] What is "regular" traffic on an obfuscated bridge

Torry Torah torrytorah at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 19:34:39 UTC 2013

Hi there,

After seeing the call to arm [1], I decided to spin up some 2 new obfuscated bridges. I am already running 2 (non-obf) bridges, and was about to boot 3 others.

I'm seeing something like 4MB/day of traffic with those obf bridges, whereas the 2 non-obf bridges show something like 10MB/sec. (

All the servers more or less have the same specs, so it's not a hardware/connectivity issue.

My question is: is it a "normal" amount of traffic on an obf bridge?

For what it's worth, I followed intructions here [2] on an ubuntu precise with a firewall. I allowed communications on the OR port and the 2 ports given by obf2 and obf3.

I've set up the 2 obf bridges 8 hours ago, give or take, maybe is it just a matter of insufficient uptime?

Cheers,

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2013-April/002089.html
[2] https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy-debian-instructions.html.en