[tor-relays] Trying to set up an obfs2/3 bridge on Windows, missing something.

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Thu Apr 18 15:00:59 UTC 2013

"Asa Rossoff" <asa at lovetour.info> writes:

> I think I'm suppling the ServerTransport parameters incorrectly. the log
> seems to indicate it is listening on the wrong ports for obfs2 and obfs3.
>

> Since it was the only compiled package I saw for Windows with obfs support,
> I downloaded the tor-pluggable-transports-browser-2.4.11-alpha-2.
>

> I am using the following .torrc --
>
> Address *obfuscated*
>
> AvoidDiskWrites 1
>
> <snip>
>
> HardwareAccel 1
>
> ServerTransportPlugin obfs2,obfs3 exec pyobfsproxy managed
>
> ServerTransportListenAddr obfs2,obfs3 0.0.0.0:56831 0.0.0.0:56832
>
> Log notice stdout
>
> <snip>
>

> Any help?  Is it just a syntax error on my part (I tried using two lines for
> the ServerTransportListenAddr but one was automatically deleted after
> editing in Vidalia), or am I further off-track?

The correct way to do what you want is:
"""
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs2 0.0.0.0:56831
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs3 0.0.0.0:56832
"""
I just tested it in my bridge and it works.

Although Tor should have warned you that you are doing it wrong. I
opened a ticket for this:

Unfortunately, I don't know why Vidalia deleted your
ServerTransportListenAddr lines when you tried to split them into two
lines. I'm not using Vidalia when I run bridges.