[tor-relays] A call to arms for obfuscated bridges

Runa A. Sandvik runa.sandvik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 23:41:34 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM, George Kadianakis <desnacked at riseup.net> wrote:
> Looking into BridgeDB, we have 200 obfs2 bridges, but only 40 obfs3
> bridges: this means that we need more people running the new Python
> obfsproxy! Upgrading obfsproxy should be easy now, since we prepared
> new instructions and Debian/Ubuntu packages. If you run Debian or
> Ubuntu check out these instructiosn:
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy-debian-instructions.html.en
> otherwise use these:
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy-instructions.html.en
> (and make sure your pip is upgraded so that it uses HTTPS [4])

The easiest way to run an obfs3 bridge is to spin up an Amazon EC2
instance from https://cloud.torproject.org/. The instance will
automatically be a normal bridge, an obfs2 bridge, and an obfs3
bridge. The bridge will announce itself to the bridge database, so you
don't have to email us with the IP and port. The best part is that it
will cost you less than $30 per month!

--
Runa A. Sandvik