[tor-relays] A call to arms for obfuscated bridges

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Apr 16 20:37:28 UTC 2013

On 16.04.2013 22:27, Roman Mamedov wrote:
>> Also, obfsproxy was rewritten in Python and it now supports a new
>> pluggable transport called 'obfs3' which works even in China [2].
> I wish this sort of functionality was integrated directly into tor.
> I am not up for installing and configuring an extra piece of Python software
> on my bridges, and it doesn't help that it isn't even present in Debian (only
> version 0.1.4 is there, which I guess is not obfs "3" that you now promote).

If you have deb.torproject.org as apt repository source, which is also
the recommended way to get and keep Tor up to date, you can simply
apt-get it.

Don't confuse the version number of Obfsproxy with supported transport
protocols. Obfsproxy is a software that currently supports the "obfs2"
and "obfs3" protocols, and is at version 0.2.1-2. It is likely that in
the future support for more protocols will be added.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/