[tor-relays] I need to shut down my relay for a month possibly, what should I do

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon Apr 15 07:40:06 UTC 2013

On 15.04.2013 03:45, Nate Homier wrote:
> If I shut down for a month what will happen to my relay.  What if
> someone chooses the same nick for their relay and so on.

Nicknames are not unique. Someone can pick the same nickname even when
your relay is around. A unique property is the fingerprint derived from
the relay private key.

You can shut down relays any time, even or especially over longer
periods of time. It will take some time to "recover" and regain its
current status, but don't worry about that.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/