[tor-relays] I need to shut down my relay for a month possibly, what should I do

Nate Homier tor at universal-mechanism.org
Mon Apr 15 01:45:17 UTC 2013

I'm upgrading my internet to a static IP setup with custom reverse DNS,
which is perfect for my relay as then all complaints go to the contact
info in the reverse DNS, which would be me.  However I'm leaving on a
month long trip and if the upgrade won't happen before April 17th 9 AM,
I probably will half to shut down the server for a month.  The server
would be turned back on about May 25th or 30th.

If I shut down for a month what will happen to my relay.  What if
someone chooses the same nick for their relay and so on.

Nate