[tor-relays] On the way to more diversity

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Fri Apr 12 21:59:41 UTC 2013

On 12.04.2013 19:40, Steve Snyder wrote:
> I thinking the sticking point is documentation.
>
> From what repository do I get the obfs3 code?  How do I build obfs3?
> How do I specify its use in my Tor config file (i.e. config syntax)?
>
> If obfs3 use is so important, then why is there so little
> documentation for it on Tor's website?

There will be a time when obfs4 or something else that isn't even
defined or on the horizon yet will become important. Especially with
Internet censorship, things like that can change quickly. The obfs2
blocking of China only happened recently.

obfs3 needed to be designed, specified, implemented, tested, and is now
in the latest obfsproxy release available on Debian testing (and looks
like it is now also available from deb.torproject.org, but I'm not
certain about that).

Documentation is linked from the main Obfsproxy website,
https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy.html.en ("Installation
Instructions"). If you have suggestions on what to improve on the
website, in general or about obfsproxy, file a ticket. In the end, this
is a community effort!

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/