[tor-relays] BitTorrent complaint

bartels bartels at mailme.ath.cx
Thu Apr 11 20:17:42 UTC 2013

On 04/11/2013 08:56 PM, Moritz Bartl wrote:
>> >  Illegal? Why would it be illegal? Or mean?
> Mean: Tor specifically has the exit policy to be able to select an exit
> that allows that outgoing connection. If an exit relay then drops that
> connection silently, Tor (and the user) cannot know it needs to select a
> different exit. The connections simply fail. That is totally mean.

Okay, I get your point. By the way, I am not arguing, just trying to understand.
Rejecting via Exit Policy is fine; disturbing the network concept is not necessary.

I don't see the legal issue, though. Maybe it is there, but I don't see how rejecting sites via Exit Policy ;) would trigger any one of  (1)
through (5).

- bartels