[tor-relays] BitTorrent complaint

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Apr 11 19:00:25 UTC 2013

On 11.04.2013 12:15, theo at caber.nl wrote:
> If we want to avoid the packet-dropping problem: We could also reject
> the IP-addresses of those sites with torrc. What is your opinion about
> that Moritz? And, would it ok for the authorities and users with little
> bandwith if I reject ~100 ip-adresses? (Not that I am going to)

Apart from the last section of my answer to bartels: Yes, listing 100+
IPs in the exit policy is not very nice for the Tor network either. :(

I guess the simple answer would be:

1) Allow everything (except port 25, which is reasonable to block)
2) If you don't want the DMCA spam notices, use the reduced exit policy.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/