[tor-relays] How to limit number of sockets used?

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Wed Apr 10 12:04:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:51:57 -0400
Steve Snyder <swsnyder at snydernet.net> wrote:

> Yes, I have hit the limit, with the expected "Error creating network
> socket: No buffer space available" messages seen.

Afaik this is a different error, and it comes from the RAM limit for network
buffers, not due to hitting the maximum quantity of open sockets.

ConstrainedSockets/ConstrainedSockSize may actually help you here.

Also next time you hit this error, check "lsof -n | grep tor | wc -l".
My guess is it will be much lower than 4096.

--
With respect,
Roman